Sunday, July 15, 2007

My baby is so tough!

Early Friday morning I got up and left for Houston. The plan was for me to get down there around 1pm and shop with my sister. Jason, who had work on Friday, was coming down later in the afternoon so that he wouldn't have to sit around while Chelsea and I did girly things. Then Jason was going to leave earlier than me on Sunday so I could shop with my mom for what she is going to wear to the wedding.

Just about as I get to Houston, I get a call from Jason, about an hour earlier than I was expecting him to call. I thought he was taking off early so I was excited. We chatted for a minute and then he goes "I don't know if I'm coming down now." So I (naturally) asked him why.

While working at a job site Friday midday, Jason was trying to bend a piece of metal. I guess he pushed it too hard because the metal not only bent, it snapped, and the resulting force was more than Jason was braced for. The base of the metal that he was holding suddenly had no resistance, and whizzed through the air. It finally stopped, after slicing Jason's arm wide open.

So, Jason finally decides the injury is bad enough to merit seeking medical attention, and proceeds to drive himself to the emergency clinic. 20 stitches and a tetanus shot later, he's all patched up. But he no longer feels like traveling alone in a car for four hours only to sit around being miserable all weekend.

I offered to turn back and come home, but he told me he didn't want to ruin my weekend and that he was a big boy who could fend for himself. So I spent all weekend wishing he was with me instead of home and all alone.

Boy is he brave. I know I would have been terrified of the whole ordeal, and I certainly would not have wanted to spend an entire weekend by myself afterwards.

And now, pictures! (A parental advisory warning to anyone with a weak stomach...)



Click to enlarge:










No comments: