Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cake update

I've been emailing back and forth with Hot Chocolates about this whole cake thing. First of all, I want to clarify that they have been absolutely wonderful, patiently explaining everything to me, making suggestions, offering advice, etc. I don't want people to think I'm unhappy with them; I just had a few questions that needed answering.

We have decided to stay with the classic wedding design of stacked layers (picture 1 in my previous post) and here's why: if we opted to do the satellite set up, it would make the cake cheaper, but then we would have to pay an additional cost for the filling we wanted, for it to be two layers in each tier, for the design/decorations we want, and to top it off we'd have to buy or rent the stands for each tier. We realized that in the end we aren't really saving enough money to settle for a non wedding looking cake. So that's settled.

~~

In other news, I finally was able to verbalize my current state in all of this wedding planning: I'm at the point where I don't really have much to do (I will get busy again once the dresses come in) and so I'm starting to second guess some of the planning we have done. The biggest issue right now is the song we chose for our first dance. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, but it's all about "her" and "she" and I kind of feel like our first dance should be about "we" and "us." Isn't that what everyone will be there for? To celebrate "our" marriage? They're not celebrating me alone. Jason will be there with me by my side all day. Shouldn't he get a mention in the song too? Am I just being silly? It's really bothering me because I focus a lot on the lyrics of songs and I just hate for it to be so one sided. Maybe it's bothering me more that every new suggestion I make Jason shoots it down without offering any other options.

Somebody do something quick! I need help!

No comments: