Thursday, June 7, 2007

Executive decision

This morning as I was running wedding errands, I got a phone call from Kay saying that the ring we had special ordered in all white gold for Jason had come in and that we could swing by to take a look and see what we thought.

I swung by before work to see it myself, since I had enough time to browse and not enough time to go home between what I was doing and when I had to be at the BN. I also got my engagement ring cleaned, and tried on the two rings that were my top contenders - ring wraps with the only real different being the carat weight. Believe it or not, I chose the lesser weight because it makes my solitaire stand out more. The lovely ladies put the wrap in the safe with Jason's ring to make sure that no one would come in and buy it out from under me. Then I went to work. After work, Jason met me at the store and tried his ring on (it looked much better on his hand than it did on my thumb while I tried to imagine it on his ring finger!)

And... after filling out a credit card application so we could have 12 months to pay sans interest, we bought our wedding rings!!! I was so excited, I wore mine home. Sorry to anyone on 114 around 8pm that I might have almost hit because I was paying more attention to my ring than the road!

As a special treat, when Jason and I went to dinner tonight, we wore our rings! I know, I'm weak. But it's so pretty! We made a deal though, and now our rings are safe and sound in their boxes locked away in our floodproof/fireproof lockbox. Now I have to wait a whole 'nother 4.5 months before I can wear it again. I can always sneak a peek though, right?

As a side note, the restaurant we went to tonight is a top contender for the rehearsal dinner. By top contender, I mean we aren't totally opposed to having it there. So now I have to call in the morning to talk to the owner about reserving the patio and what types of food setups we can do - plated or buffet or everyone-order-from-the-menu.

No comments: