Friday, June 8, 2007

Eeee!

Recently, I've been in touch with the company that I ordered our dresses through, netbride.com. I'm trying to figure out exactly when our dresses will be coming in so that I can have a plan in place in terms of alterations. It turns out that even though I bought a brand new Alfred Angelo dress, Alfred Angelo won't alter it for me because I didn't purchase directly from them. So now I'm stuck looking for someone to alter my dress, and I still don't even know when! Netbride originally said that the outside date I would get the dresses would be absolutely no later than August 18th, which still gives me a month for alterations, but I know that's not much time at all. When I emailed them the other day, Laura said that they are expecting the dresses to come earlier, but to keep the 18th as the outside date still. She said that once it's on its way to me they will let me know and provide a UPS tracking number so that I know exactly what's going on. I guess AA sends them the dress first and then they send it on to me.

Other things I'm trying to work out now are hair and makeup, as well as my bridal portraits. The thing is, I haven't gotten anything done to my hair since before I moved to Fort Worth. We're talking six months without so much as a hair cut! I literally have no experience with anyone in this city when it comes to my hair.

I guess I should look around for people in this area who do hair, but I've only ever gone to a place like Supercuts, or a friend of my mom's who doesn't have a whole lot of skill with updos. Plus, it's not like I have the money to play around with a million different hairstyles at a dozen different appointments. I kind of need to find someone soon, but don't really know where to look. I don't think the women in Jason's family have specific hairdressers, either.

That brings me to makeup. The only time I've ever had my makeup "done" was when I was dating a guy whose mom worked at Estee Lauder. She did it a few times for things like homecoming and formals, but that was 5 years ago and she's in Houston. Ideally, I'd like to find someone that does hair and makeup that can come to us on the wedding day so we don't have to be driving all over the place. Factor that into my budget.

Finally, the bridal portraits. Beautiful pictures taken of the bride in her nuptial best to be displayed at the reception for everyone to "ooh" and "ahh" over. Many brides use the portrait as a way to test out different things - hair, makeup, jewelry, flowers - so that they have time to make any necessary changes before the show - a dress rehearsal, if you will. Problem with that is what if I do change my mind about things? Then we have lovely portraits of K.C. looking nothing like she does at the wedding. People will be going "does she have a twin?" And then someone like Jason can say "no, she's just being her usual indecisive self!" Thanks for pointing that out, honey.

Which brings me back to the dress. I can't very well schedule alterations until I know when the dress will be in, and I can't schedule my portraits until I know alterations will be done. Obviously, this all needs to take place before the wedding itself, with enough time in between for Larry our photographer to be able to print us a beautiful copy of the portrait for display at the wedding.

ANXIOUS++

No comments: