Monday, April 9, 2007

A very successful weekend

Wow, I got a lot done this past week/weekend. Last week, I made the photgraphy deposit, signed and sent in the contract. I also picked a florist who should be sending me a contract soon so I can send her deposit. Friday we drove to Houston to attend my friend Kim's reception (pictures on my Facebook). It was lovely and she looked so beautiful. It was the first time I'd ever met her husband since they're in school in Utah, but I like him a lot and I'm happy for them both.

Saturday morning my mom, sister and I got up and went out to try on the bridesmaid dress we had picked out online. We really liked it, and decided to try on a few more that the lady suggested. While my sister was doing this, I figured I might as well try on some wedding dresses, since I only have six months to get everything ordered and altered. Man was I glad I did. I found my dress! I tried on three, and the third one was definitely the charm. After seeing it on me, the lady that was helping us brought out a new bridesmaid dress that mimics the design of mine. We never would have picked it out ourselves, but I'm glad she made the suggestion, because we have it all figured out now! I'm going to order the dresses online though, since there are several places that sell dresses brand new for a fraction of the cost. Including shipping, my dress will work out to be HALF of what it costs in the store. Anyone looking for formal/wedding/bridesmaid type dresses should definitely check out netbride.com where they have free price quotes if you know the designer and style number of the dress you want. I've continued to be impressed by them, and have heard so many great reviews that I'm confident in buying from them!

After our little shopping trip, Jason and I made a trip down to Arne's Warehouse. We found a lot of stuff we could use and decided to come back this summer to buy most of it. We did wind up buying all of the party supplies for Jason's mom's 50s style 50th birthday.

We also got the signed caterer contract in the mail. Now we just have to sign one copy and send it back to her so we both have copies for our records.

To top it off, I talked to our engagement photographer yesterday and he said our CD will be in the mail this week. We're really excited to see the pictures since it's been over two weeks since they were taken.

I have to talk to my bridesmaid Romie so she can go try on the new bridesmaid dress we picked to figure out what size we need to order. Then some time this week I'm ordering all three of our dresses! I know mine and my sister's will come here, but I don't know where Romie will want hers sent. I just have to figure out what place to send them to here because Jason and I living together means they can't be stored at our apartment!

We got a lot done and I'm so glad I tried on dresses because not only does it take way longer to come in than I would have thought, but I found my wedding dress! I hope this coming week/weekend proves to be as successful as the last. I know Jason's talking to DJs, and we are officially joining our church next Sunday, so after that we'll talk to the pastor we want to be our officiant.

Next up: finding a bridal alterations place in Fort Worth, making appointments with bakers to have tastings, picking a cake design, and planning a family get-together!

No comments: