Sunday, April 22, 2007

"Mother"/daughter bonding

Jason and I just got back from spending a weekend at his parents' lakehouse. They've made a lot of wonderful improvements to it in the short time since they bought it, and I know one day it's going to be spectacular. The purpose of the weekend was to celebrate Jason's paternal grandfather's 80th birthday, which was today.

The reason I'm posting this here and not on my regular blog is that yesterday afternoon Jason's mom and I went into town (haha) and spent a few hours together shopping for today. First we hit up the liquor store (how lucky am I lol) and had an interesting experience with the worker there. Then we went to Kroger to shop for all the drinks and snacks and cake and cards and such. I know it wasn't the most glamorous trip, but I am so glad we got to spend that time together. It really wasn't awkward at all, and I feel like this weekend brought me a lot closer to his family. I am so excited and so lucky to be marrying into such a great family!

I just hope Jason's as excited to become a part of my family...

No comments: