Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Continuing with success

We have our first DJ meeting on Friday. The people have been really nice to talk to via email, and they are really willing to work with us. They paid for their own wedding 20 years ago, so they know that a lot of couples have to work with very constricted budgets but still want nice things. They've worked at our venue before, which is a huge plus since it's kind of out of the way off the main road. Hopefully we'll like them so much we won't have to meet with any others. They're drawing up a contract for us just in case, which is great to have to read over and adjust before booking/sending a deposit.

In other news, a friend of mine lives close to here and has her own cake business. I've tried getting in touch with her several times but she never gets back to me. I would have liked to ask her to do my cake, and even mentioned that in the last message I left for her, but obviously she's not interested because she would have at least contacted me by now, even if we couldn't have a lengthy chat right then. So on Saturday we have an appointment to check out a baker that we saw at the Fort Worth bridal show a few months ago. It'll be fun to go in and see what they can do, not to mention we get to try four different flavors we picked out, plus all the fillings and icings and such! Yay for free food! I emailed a few other bakers but no one has gotten back to me yet. That's really bad for business, especially considering how impatient us ladies can be - if they do get back to me, though, I won't turn down free cake!

This coming Sunday we are joining our church officially, so soon we will have an officiant. Then all we really have to worry about are tux rentals, and a videographer. What do you guys think about hiring someone to videotape? It's a lot of money to be honest, but I don't want to not get a wedding video and then regret it. I've seen nice ones, but I still don't know if I can justify that cost. Anyone have a video camera and want to volunteer to tape everything for us?

No comments: