Friday, April 20, 2007

For Suzi

Because she was such a dear to think of me!

This is what I'm currently in love with:
I will say that I'm not a big fan of the color green, so my suggestion would be to change it to a bright blue. See next image for example. I would keep the little round purplish ones (if I could figure out what they were!) and keep the fushia roses (not sure about the lily looking ones - they look like old people fingers to me for some reason :/) I might throw in some lemon yellow too, but it would have to be pretty bright - none of that sunflower goldenrod stuff.


This made me think of you when I saw your post because I know you wanted blue but not light blue. I don't know if this would do the trick, but I think it's another form of hydrangea. It's still not navy, but I don't know many flowers that are. I think, though, that if your wedding party is in Navy, really bright blue flowers would make your pictures pop! so don't worry about matching exactly.





Other top choices include:
For some reason these flowers don't look real to me. They're all such perfect blooms in such vibrant colors that they just don't look real. But something like that with wayyyyy less green could work.









This is lovely. Just change the color of the wrap from green (ew) to purple!











I really like the vibrance of the purple, red/yellow and little bit of blue pokin out. I don't like the big leaf grass blades or the stuff in the back that makes it look like a bunch of wildflowers. I would clean this up a bit to give it a classic round dome shape.







Then, just when I think I've decided on something, I go and find this:


The perfect combination of traditional purple colors.














Sigh. So many choices.

1 comment:

SuziAndRicardo said...

Yay!!! Those are all so pretty! I really like the hydrangeas, and you just might be right about using a light blue! I really love the very last pic -- the all purple ones! love em!

also, it has been majorly hectic this week. if i get some time this weekend, i think i will blog about it. We had to change the date to December 8th. It was either moving it up to your day (even though it would be cool to have the same anniversary.... I don't want to steal your anniversary! And I also want to go to y'all's wedding!) Or we could have it November 17th -- my mom said it was too close to Thanksgiving. And then the winner by default was December 8th. I am warming up to it though.

And I cracked up when I read that part from your dad's e-mail about planning your wedding around the football schedule. :o) So true.

Time for work, but re-mark your calendar!! I hope y'all can still make it!!!

love ya!