Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hindsight is 20/20

Sometimes I wonder if I will look back on my wedding and regret cheaping out on so many things. Every opportunity to cut corners, we have. In the end, we will have the main components of a wedding (ceremony, reception with food, dancing, cake) but I hope I don't go "gee I wish I would have had x instead of y."

What helps comfort me is knowing that at the end of the day, if Jason and I come out of the ceremony married, it will have been a success. The other (more comforting!) thought is that 50 years from now when we are still married, have grown children and big, fat bank accounts, we can throw a 50th anniversary party that will knock the socks off of the queen of England!

I had a very weird wedding dream last night. I was already in my dress while all of these parents (my mom included) were preparing stuff in the kitchen. The place where we were wasn't our venue, but had the same name. I remember crying because the bridal suite was a tiny closet, while in my head I could envision the nice suite at our real venue. It was the day of the wedding and I remember waking up and greeting everyone with a big excited smile. But for some reason, we were doing the rehearsal that morning, and since I was already in my dress, I had to wear a black (black!) sheet around me to cover myself up so Jason couldn't see me. I wound up not paying much attention to the sheet and apparently it slipped down enough that he saw me in my dress after all. I was disappointed because I was hoping he would try not to see me. Then we had like 12 male attendants (none of which I recognized) so we had to refigure everyone's entrance.

Several things that amuse me. The first is that in my dream, even though we weren't there, I could clearly remember the name of our venue and what the bridal suite looked like. I could also remember my dress. This makes me feel like we/I made several good decisions, as I wasn't dreaming about some other venue/dress, but the ones that really will be. So the wedding "of my dreams" still involves our venue and my dress! Secondly, the tiny bridal suite closet in the drream looked exactly like the dressing room where I tried my dress on. Again, a good sign I think. Lastly, there really is a black sheet on my side of the bed, because I am usually colder than Jason, so it makes sense why the sheet I wrapped myself in would have been black (so no, it's not a sign of impending doom.) Which brings us to the last, and most important comment - in my dreams and in reality, I'm marrying the same wonderful Jason!

No comments: