Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A lull

Not too much wedding stuff lately. Waiting (rather impatiently!) for our CD of engagement pics so we can show the world. We finally decided on a wedding day photographer and made the deposit. Now I have to remember to drop the contract in the mail and I can check that off my list.

Began talking with a lady who does flowers out of her house since the only flowers we need are the bridal party (don't need any ceremony stuff or reception centerpieces). Her prices are pretty reasonable, but she's a little slow to respond (she's a bride-to-be herself) so I wonder if I should either look for someone else or attempt making everything ourselves. The only problem with the DIY route is that since flowers don't last, we'd prolly have to do them the day of the wedding. Not sure I want that much stress the day of. Anyone want to volunteer to do my flowers if I buy all the materials?

Making a quick trip to Houston this weekend (prolly won't even be there 24 hours) to dress shop with my sister. We know what we like, so we just need to go try it on for the sake of verifying in person and making sure we order the right sizes. Also attending a friend's wedding reception Friday night, so maybe I'll see something creative that I can borrow/alter/steal for my own!

Guess that's it. Coming up next - Jason chooses a DJ and I talk to a friend about the prospect of making my wedding cake!

No comments: