Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Sales

Today as I was driving to Party City to look at their wedding stuff since their ad said they had some stuff on sale, I stopped in at Bed, Bath and Beyond to browse their 30-percent-off-everything-already-on-sale sale. I bought floating candles to experiment with as part of my centerpiece design. I put some water in a candle holder thing and floated a single candle to test it out. I lit the thing like three hours ago and it's still going strong. I've heard floating candles are notorious for not staying lit, but mine seem to be just fine. Now I'm gonna play with dyeing the water purple since the candles themselves are plain, unscented white. I just hope the candles don't absorb the color and get stained. But that's what this experimental candle is for - to try all my crazy ideas before doing it to all of them.

Then I went to Party City and bought lots of ribbon in purple and white. I'm going to attempt to make the chair ties myself, since my venue wants to charge me over $500 to do them in tulle. The ribbon example I made also looks really cute, PLUS I can keep the ribbon afterwards (not that I'd want to collect, untie and uncurl all that ribbon to save and use again, but it's nice to have the option if I want to). Also, at $1.71 per 500 yards of ribbon, it'll be a MUCH more economical option even if I do decide to trash it all at the end of the night :)

For my birthday eve dinner with Jason's parents, the gift they got me was a really pretty silver bangle bracelet with 44 rhinestones. I think it's going to be part of my wedding day jewelry. Yay.

No comments: