Saturday, February 17, 2007

Free food

Tomorrow we meet with our first caterer. Yum I love free food! What's weird is that because they have a rule that non-employees aren't allowed in the kitchen, she is coming to us with the food. But instead of meeting at our cramped apartment like we originally planned, I think we are going to take it to Jason's parents house so we can have a little more room. It should be interesting because as far as price goes, this company is the front runner. So if the food is up to our standards, we may not have to look much further. Although if these caterers keep volunteering to bring the free food to us...

We have another tasting some time next week, most likely Tuesday since I'm off that day. And then there's one more company that I'd like to try to meet with maybe next weekend. I've gotten quotes from about 8 companies, and except for the one that wants to charge me $55 a person, the prices all seem relatively comparable. I guess it will really come down to the food, how well we click with the people, references, and pictures of other events they've catered before.

Last night I kept having dreams about how I was getting married that day but nothing was done yet. I even dreamed I was getting married on my birthday once. But then I would remind myself I had another eight months and go back to sleep. Except then I would have the dream again about not being done and ready. It's that panicky feeling that makes me glad I've gotten started on a lot of the major things that need to be done. I'd rather be done and sitting on my butt the last month than running around still finalizing lots of things.

No comments: