Saturday, February 3, 2007

Anachronisms

Random thoughts bouncing around in my head that are neither complete, nor anything that I'm actively working on because honestly, it's way too early to even be thinking about:

  • Along the same lines, has anyone ever seen a wedding party carry a bouquet that had both flowers and candles? I've seen candles that look like bouquets, but from pictures they all look like miniatures (a couple of inches high at best). Then I saw a bouquet that looks like the regular greenery, but instead of the bulb of the flower, they replaced it with colored candles. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/CandyWA/votivecandlebouquets.jpg
    I like the scalloped edges of the tealights. I don't really like the bigger votives because they look too bulky. The ones shown in the picture are more potted plants than handheld bouquets but I bet a florist could work with me to adapt them to my needs. My two concerns, though, are
    1. Would these candles cause a fire hazzard to the greenery in the rest of the bouquet? Obviously, my venue wouldn't allow anything that could potentially pose a threat.
    2. How would I keep them lit all the way down the aisle and all during the ceremony? Have you ever tried to walk with a candle without shielding it? Unless I walked like a sloth, they'd blow out before I got there. And with one hand linked through my dad's arm and the other holding the bouquet, I'd have no way of shielding the flame. Would battery-powered candles (essentially fake) just look cheesy? I would love to find a way to make it work because it's me and it's unique, but not if people are going to be all "Ew, what on earth is that she's carrying?"

No comments: