Sunday, February 25, 2007

Cheaters

This morning Jason and I spent an hour or so eating food and checking out stuff at Crate and Barrel during this thing they call Sunday Morning Engagements. They close the store to everyone but registered couples and then we got to come in and watch all these demos of things they have in the store. We had coffee cake and orange juice, scrambled eggs with sausage made in an electric wok (!) and a piece of freshly cored pineapple. And the best part was because we did the event, we received a free pair of heart-shaped toasting flutes just for being there!

OK confession time. We went for the flutes. Not gonna lie. We put about 30 things on our registry, got our flutes and took off. Now I'm gonna see how many of the things we found I can find from our other registry places. After all, we don't really need to be registered at 4 places. So we probably won't tell people we're registered there, but keep the registry open. After all, whatever isn't bought off our registry when our wedding date comes around, we get 10% off if we buy it ourselves. So I don't mind keeping stuff on a list to get the discount. I know, I'm a horrible person... but we did find a few things that I know we won't find anywhere else, so if we get enough wedding cash we really will buy from them!

No comments: