Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yikes

I finally buckled down and ordered our wedding cake. I know we only met with two places, but we both really liked the first one, and they can do all the "extra" stuff for Jason's cake that I was hoping for. Their prices are really reasonable, the staff is friendly and talented. It just seemed logical to book with someone we had such great experiences with. We changed our minds from our original design, so hopefully we have a winner now.

I also met with a florist here in town to talk about flowers. She was SO helpful! I brought in a few pictures of things I liked, and not only was she able to identify every flower in each picture, but then she could tell me what other colors it came in, how hard they were to work with, how expensive they would be to get, etc. She made so many good suggestions, pulling out most of the flowers we discussed from their own cooler to physically show me. She even showed me how they can spray flowers to get them the right shade of whatever color we are looking for. And on top of all her help, her prices are really reasonable and she was very professional, emailing me the same day with a written invoice that included everything we had talked about and a price breakdown. It looks like we have another winner - I just have to put down a deposit to reserve her. I guess I should just go ahead and do it now, why wait.

Yesterday we had our first meeting with our pastor to start our premarital "counseling." The meeting was short and sweet - he gave us a book to read together and then a packet of info we each have to fill out about ourselves. The hardest part is going to be coming up with 10 reasons I want to marry him and 10 reasons I think I'm ready for marriage. Don't get me wrong, of course I can come up with all 20, it's just that I've never had to put this kind of stuff into words before. How do you say "I just know" ten times? Isn't love an indescribable feeling? I have about 5 of each so far, and we have almost a month before we meet with him again, so I've got some time to keep thinking about it.

We have to turn in our packets a few days before our next meeting with him so he can compare our answers and prepare our discussion for the next meeting. I'm interested to see what things will jump out at him as something that needs to be discussed. I wonder what Jason really thinks of me...

No comments: