Thursday, May 24, 2007

Check, check (check)

According to my oh-so-helpful Knot reminder checklist, I have three things left to do this month: Start planning the rehearsal dinner (and give Jason's parents all the info re: the guest list), visit tux shops to make a decision on Jason's day-of finery, and then actually book the place we decide to hold the rehearsal dinner. To number 2 I'm adding figuring out what Arthur and Thomas are going to wear. Might as well take care of it all at once while we're there. I think that we can squish 1 and 3 together into one, but I have no idea where to get what I want. I even tried talking to the owner of our venue to see where other brides go afterwards (yes, Justin is so small everyone has to go back into Roanoke, FW or Denton for food - unless we want to rent out the Abbey's little house next door, which then we'd have to book a caterer just for that night, so no.) The suggestions she made were the three places I was expecting her to say, none of which I'm really interested in. I really don't want a fancy restaurant rehearsal dinner. I want something totally laid back where we can just chill. Somehow, the local fried chicken joint isn't doing it for me. Oh well. Maybe I'll have Jason gives his parents my ideas and let them decide. They're paying, after all; if they choose for me I can't very well be ungrateful.

This lack of much left on this month's checklist comes after yesterday's very productive day. Not only did I finally make a decision about a florist, I went and put down a deposit and signed a contract. We went over everything again, just to make sure we are on the right page. I typed everything up in a spreadsheet to make sure I didn't miss anything. It's a very detailed spreadsheet, all the way from what colors of what flowers to what color and type of ribbons we will be using. As a bonus, she's going to make me a smaller version of my bouquet as a sample, and then I'll use it as my bouquet when I take my bridal portraits. Which I should probably book soon. But I have to wait for my dress to come in first (hurry up!) and get it altered and all.

Lots of payments need to be made soon. Good thing Jason got a slew of 0% APR credit card offers in the mail yesterday!

No comments: