Tuesday, May 8, 2007

It's official

Jason and I are now full members of the First United Methodist Church of Keller. Yay. We talked to Pastor Jason (I know, I know haha) about marrying us, and he said he'd check his calendar and get back to us. Haven't heard from him, but on Sunday he was talking to us about the three "sessions" we'd have to take with him prior to the wedding. No big deal. Jason's sister Danielle was married by him and she said the sessions were more just talking about the wedding than anything deeply religious. So it looks like we're golden. Good to have something else (almost) done.

I'm back to being indecisive about flowers. Now I'm thinking I'd rather spend the money and not have the headache. Especially since the prices that I got from a girl I kind of know are pretty good (ie men's bouts for $5 each). She has her own floral/design company, and she even made her own bouquet for her bridal portraits, and will be making everything for her wedding. So she has the experience. And I've seen pictures of her stuff and it's good. She definitely knows what she's doing. I'm wondering if I'd really be saving money by doing flowers myself, since I would have to essentially have to buy double of everything, one for practice and one for real. Then what if on my wedding day we are making flowers and they don't look so great? I don't want to have to settle for ok flowers that will be preserved in pictures for centuries to come. *Sigh* I wish I could just make a decision and stick to it.

Currently in the process of working on hotel discount stuff for out of town guests. We visited the 5 closest hotels last weekend and picked one that was fancier and one that more economic. I'm just waiting to hear back from them about what exactly they can do for us in terms of discount. I also inquired to several car rental companies for those people who are flying in and will need to rent a car for the weekend. So that's pretty much taken care of.

Next up is the rehearsal dinner I guess. It's really early to be thinking about it, but I'm trying to at least get a general idea of the style we want to have. It's hard because Justin is so small that I doubt there's anything IN the city that will work. So we are going to have to drive back into FW. And since none of my family is familiar with this area, the directions have to be pretty simple. Right now, I'm thinking a backyard BBQ type of dinner. Something really laid back where we can spend more time just hanging out and talking than doing anything formal and planned. But that's a lot to ask Jason's parents to host all of these people at their (or someone's) house, provide all the food, and then clean up after 20 some odd people. So we may shift focus to a real casual restaurant. Nothing like McDonald's or anything, but maybe somewhere that we can rent out a room and just chill. I want it to be really informal where we can wear jeans and stuff and not worry about a whole lot. So if anyone has ideas, let's hear them!

No comments: