Thursday, August 2, 2007

It's mine, my own... my Preciousssss!!!!

If you have talked to me lately or even read any of my most recent entries, you can guess what finally arrived on my doorstep today after four months of waiting and getting anxious....

It finally arrived in all of its bridal glory, and of course the first thing I did was to whip off my clothes and zip that sucker on. I took caution to make sure my hands and such were clean, and I picked it up as I walked into my bathroom to look in the full length mirror so that it wouldn't pick up uninvited dust bunnies.

While I must say that it is fabulous, the bust is way too big for me! I must have lost weight or something, because when I tried on the sample at Alfred Angelo, I don't recall being able to fit a whole second set of my boobs in the bodice with me. So along with a hem and a bustle, it now seems that I will need to get the bust taken in. I suppose I should be excited that I've shrunk, especially considering some familial "mentionings" the last time I was in town.

Since you all are just going to have wait until after the wedding to see shots of the BIG DEAL DRESS, I leave you with these:



The good news:












You have no idea how hard it was not to rip into the box before getting a picture:












Inserts from Netbride that came in the box: a message saying they want to see pictures of me in the dress (so they can put them on their site), a thank you card with general pricing info they gathered about alterations costs in their area (Minnesota), and business cards so I can hand them out to others I guess.

[While I won't be handing them out per se, I would like to take the time to mention how amazing Netbride.com was to work with. All of my questions were answered quickly, even when I was being overly bothersome. The service was fast and I got my gown three weeks before the promised date. The best part is that I saved over 50% as opposed to buying direct from the company and still got the EXACT same dress brand new, untouched, with all the tags on it. I highly recommend Netbride.com if you need to order any type of formalwear.]

No comments: