Saturday, September 22, 2007

Smile for the camera

Yesterday I had my bridal portraits done. I want to say a huge thank you to my mommy who made the trip up from Houston to be there with me. Larry did take a few of us together at the end, and I can't wait to see how they all turn out!

One really nice thing about yesterday was that it was a sort of dress rehearsal for the big day. I have to say that I felt very pretty in my complete bridal outfit, but there will be some changes made with regards to scheduling, that's for sure. We started out a little late which shouldn't have been a problem, but everything took longer that it should have, and we got stuck in major traffic, so we wound up being almost 30 minutes late to the Japanese Gardens. In the end, we only lost about 15 minutes because we took some pictures after the gardens had closed, right outside the gift shop, where we were technically not in the gardens but in an area that still had a little bench and a waterfall and such. Thanks to Larry and Jill for staying a little late and waiting on our late butts.

The biggest issue of the day were the flowers. I went to pick them up from the florist, and they pulled this dusty pink and light purple bouquet out of the cooler. I was like um that's not mine but it had my name on it. Lucky for me they really wanted me to be happy, so they literally took apart the entire thing and I dug through their flower supplies in the back to show them exactly what I was going for. I'm still not sure where they got that pink was one of my wedding colors, or how they went so wrong considering I had multiple meetings with them, we specified exact flowers and colors, and I even brought lots of pictures to illustrate what I couldn't describe in words. Not to mention we have a contract that explicitly states all of that. They did manage to fix it though, and it looked fabulous. I took lots of pictures of the new bouquet and plan on sending them in to make sure that we don't have an issue like this on the wedding day (they'll be delivering the flowers to the Abbey, so we won't have the luxury of a fully stocked shop to fall back on. They kind of get one shot at it next time.)

All in all, the experience was positive. Now I can't wait to see how they all turn out! Sorry guys, you won't get to see them until after the wedding. A girl's gotta have some secrets! How else do I make you all breathless at the sight of my beauty on the big day?!

1 comment:

SuziAndRicardo said...

Hey girl! How are ya? I am so impressed that your wedding is in less than a month, and you seem to have everything under control! I am so excited to get to see both of you!! Are you going to have your Bridal portraits on display at the wedding, or will they not be ready by that time? I really want to see them!! Things are going alright here ... 70 -ish days to go for me. My mom is coming up next weekend to pay some deposits. We got all of the invitations printed (we're using a kit sort of like yours), and now I'm just working on the enclosure cards with maps and stuff. We got free tickets to the Tech game, so that's what we're doing this weekend, even though we need to stay locked in the apartment working on wedding stuff.

I've been looking at y'all's registries trying to find a gift --- would you prefer cash or honeymoon registry stuff instead of registry stuff? I need to post sometime to give you some updates. I can't wait to see you on your Big Day!! :O)