Friday, September 7, 2007

C. Final answer.

I never really envisioned my wedding as a little girl - now, actually planning it, I don't have any nostalgic memories of elements I want or how anything should be. In the unique "made to order" society that we live in, just about everything can be customized to make it unique. From a myriad of invitations options (paper, vellum, cardstock, embossing, thermography, inks, letterpress, pocketfolds, A7s, etc. etc. etc.) to sensory stimuli (custom lighting, fabric draping, even signature scents) it seems like a no-brainer that no two weddings could possibly be identical.

While all the choices can be really fabulous for those with a vision, for someone like me they can make everything more difficult! It's easy for me to make a decision given two or three options (sit down dinner or buffet, dj or live band) but starting from scratch is so intimidating. I'm stuck at a crossroad between making our wedding unique and keeping it from becoming ridiculous.

Anyway, the point of this rambling post is to preface the fact that I have again changed my mind about wedding cake designs. Yes, we have chosen the shape, size and flavors (again a limited number of options) and will not waver on those, but for some reason what it looks like has been tormenting me. I see a design that I like, pick apart the elements I would change about it, then worry my vision won't all come together right. But fear not! Last night I made an executive decision. Ta dum:




















The only change we will be making is the icing color. Imagine it in a deep royal purple. And we are looking for an alternative cake topper since we aren't sure what to think about the flowers.

What do you think?

No comments: